Medical Incubator Japan K.K. (hereinafter referred to as “MIJ”) shall appropriately manage customers’ personal information obtained in relation to transactions between the customer and MIJ, taking the utmost care and attention in accordance with MIJ’s policies in order to protect said information.
1. Handling of Personal Information
MIJ shall obtain personal information from customers through the following methods.
- The customer provides MIJ with their personal information by writing it on a paper form or entering it on an online form via the internet.
- The customer sends MIJ an e-mail containing their personal information.
- The customer provides their personal information in the course of making a telephone inquiry to MIJ.
- When a customer makes a telephone inquiry to MIJ, MIJ records the conversation.
- When a customer visits the MIJ website, MIJ records the log information.
- When a transaction is carried out between the customer and MIJ.
- Other appropriate means of obtaining information in accordance with the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of May 30, 2003; includes all subsequent revisions) and all related laws and regulations, etc.
2. Use of Personal Information
Except when otherwise prescribed by law, personal information obtained from customers by MIJ shall be utilized within the scope of the following purposes for use as necessary for MIJ’s business activities.
- To report the status and results of transactions to customers.
- To confirm the identity of the customer.
- To implement market surveys, data analysis, and questionnaires.
- In the event that MIJ is contracted by another company to process customers’ personal information in whole or in part, to enable MIJ to perform the contracted work appropriately.
- To enable the exercise of rights and fulfillment of obligations in accordance with agreements with customers and relevant laws and regulations, etc.
- To enable MIJ to prepare various types of proposals regarding our services for customers.
- Other purposes enabling appropriate and smooth transactions between customers and MIJ as well as administrative procedures.
3. Supervision of External Contractors and Provision of Information to Contractors
- To enable appropriate and smooth transactions between customers and MIJ as well as administrative procedures, MIJ outsources work in relation to the provision of information concerning system management, development, and operation; website management, development, and operation; and other business activities conducted by MIJ. Personal information may be provided to contractors within the scope necessary to perform the contracted work appropriately.
- MIJ may conclude delegation agreements with an attorney or legal professional organization (hereinafter referred to as “Attorney, etc.). MIJ shall provide the Attorney, etc. with customers’ personal information within the scope necessary for the Attorney, etc. to perform their duties appropriately in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information to a Third Party
Except under the following circumstances, MIJ shall not disclose a customer’s personal information obtained by MIJ to a third party without the customer’s permission.
- When disclosure of the information is necessary for the protection of human life, body, or property and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer.
- When disclosure of the information is particularly necessary for the promotion of public health and the sound development of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the customer.
- When it is necessary to cooperate with a central government organization or a local government, or a person entrusted by them performing duties prescribed by laws and regulations and there is a possibility that obtaining the customer’s consent would interfere with the performance of the said duties.
- Other cases in which MIJ is obligated by law or regulations to disclose or provide the customer’s personal information.
- In the case that MIJ transfers all or part of our business activities to a third party or the company is split up, when the customer’s personal information is transferred to the said third party or spin-off company.
- When MIJ provides information to the Attorney, etc. with whom MIJ has concluded an agreement or other entity with which MIJ does business in order for the said entity to carry out work appropriately in accordance with laws and regulations.
- When the personal information obtained by MIJ cannot be used to identify the customer (excluding personal information that can be easily compared with other information and thereby identifying the customer).
- Other cases in which MIJ reasonably determines that it is necessary to disclose a customer’s personal information within the scope of laws and regulations in order to provide services to the said customer.
5. Information Management and Security
With regard to the management of personal information, MIJ shall endeavor to prevent unauthorized access to and the loss, damage, falsification, or leakage of personal information through the use of reasonable technological measures. MIJ shall also conduct educational and awareness activities for our employees who handle personal information and require secure management of personal information.
6. Methods for Customers to Disclose or Alter Their Personal Information
When a customer wishes to change or correct (hereinafter referred to as “change, etc.”) the personal information they have provided to MIJ, they may carry out the necessary procedures for changing, etc., personal information in accordance with the prescribed methods.
7. Limitation on Purpose of Use and Suspension of Use
When a customer requests the disclosure, correction, or suspension of use of their personal information, MIJ shall first of all confirm the identity of the customer and endeavor to respond to the request swiftly and appropriately.
11. Compliance with Laws and Regulations Related to the Protection of Personal Information
12. Questions, Opinions, and Complaints, Etc.
MIJ shall endeavor to respond swiftly and sincerely to any questions, opinions, or complaints from customers in relation to personal information. Please contact us regarding any questions, opinions, or complaints you may have at the following address.
Company Name: Medical Incubator Japan K.K.
Address: 1-11-28 Akasaka, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan 107-0052
These regulations shall come into effect on June 23, 2021.